The Government of Canada provides funding to governments and organizations through the Foreign Credential Recognition Program (FCRP) to support foreign credential recognition in Canada.
In order to facilitate the process of foreign credential recognition, the federal government has a Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO). The FCRO provides information on how you can get your credentials recognized in Canada.
The Foreign Credential Recognition in Canada Tool provides newcomers with information on job requirements such as:
- if your job is in a regulated occupation
- who is the regulatory body
- what kind of alternative job in your field you could work in while you wait for the review of your credentials
- if there are available jobs
- what is the pay, and more
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- You are a Canadian citizen
- You are a Permanent Residence
- You are a Refugees with legal document representing working status in BC.
- You have a proof of education credential, work experience and designation obtained in foreign country.
- You have the eligibility to apply for a loan and credit worthy.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Training costs for short-term courses and accreditation.
- Examination fees with associations.
- Membership and association fees.
- Course materials and travel allowance.
- Collaboration with ASTTBC and BCPlan provides increased employment opportunities.